Wednesday, October 8, 2014

ACE's REDEMPTION by AC Bextor

ACE's REDEMPTION 
(Devil’s Despair #1)
by AC Bextor
ARC Review
Release: October 6, 2014

My rating: 4.5 of 5 ⭐️








"Cherry 
Memories alone can ruin you. Fear has a paralyzing effect and love isn’t always enough to keep you safe.

Ace was the gateway to a freedom that I hadn’t known since I was fifteen. He offered his protection from the demons that haunted me; both living and dead.

Although I knew I wasn’t enough to keep him, this didn’t deter my hope that one day he’d love me for who I was, not the broken girl he tried so desperately to save.

In the end, the ghosts of my past found me. Their malevolence knew no bounds and I was forced to succumb to their will of darkness. Each threat given against those I loved made my escape impossible; choosing my life for theirs became my desolate absolution.

Inevitably, it was my own weakness and self-doubt that became my undoing. 


Ace 
Emotional ties are sometimes severed. Friendships don’t always endure their hardships, and love offered isn’t always returned.

I was in love once. For me, leaving her back in Ohio was the hardest thing I had to do. For her, moving on with her life that included her son and the man she loved was no less than she deserved; unconditional happiness.

My reasons to bring Cherry home to California were obvious. I needed help with my family and she needed help staying clean and convincing her parents that she was ready to give her son the life he deserved.

It was a perfect plan. However, the best laid plans often get lost amidst their good intentions.

Cherry fell in love with me, and in return my love for her acted as the catalyst to her destruction."


******

Prepare yourselves for a myriad of emotions with this one!! AC Bextor transitions us quite seamlessly from the Lights Of Peril Trilogy into the Devil's Despair Series with the story of Ace and Cherry. 

Both main characters have appeared in the before-mentioned trilogy and may invoke a less than favorable response from you if you have read the books. However, I urge you to hold any and all judgement. You have an opportunity to learn quite a bit more about both these complex people, through their own experiences and through the eyes of others. Enlightening to say the least.

This story provides some much needed context to properly asses both Cherry and Ace's positions in life. Where they come from, where they've been and where they currently are. The fact that Ace is still tender over a love lost is no secret, nor is the fact that Cherry has carried a torch for Ace. The fact that despite their differences they have managed to forge and maintain a strong friendship tells a lot about the underlying strength of their characters. But what is amazing, is the way AC Bextor is able to convey the at times gut-wrenching story of how they manage to tranform their relationship from the brink of destruction to a higher and deeper level. Risking their friendship, and laying their ultimate vulnerability on the line.

Ace's Redemption is a book about laying to rest what has happened in the past, acknowledging what you have in the present and recognizing what could be your future. Redemption is an apt component of the title, as much for Cherry as it is for Ace.

Love the start of this new direction for AC Bextor and am excited to see what is next in store!

✨Scorching hot, bitter-sweet, raw & revealing!✨

**Copy provided in return for an honest review.**


 Amazon.com  Amazon.ca  Amazon.UK  Amazon.AUS
 Barnes&Noble  iTunes


add-to-goodreads-button31

No comments:

Post a Comment