Sunday, December 7, 2014

YOU AND EVERYTHING AFTER by Ginger Scott

YOU AND EVERYTHING AFTER
(Falling #2)
by Ginger Scott
ARC Review 
Released: December 5th, 2014

My rating: 4 of 5 ⭐️











"I’m that teenaged girl who has MS. You haven’t met me, but you’ve seen me around. You probably know my sister. We’re twins, and she’s the pretty one. Maybe you’ve heard about my reputation, how much I like to hook up at parties—how easy it is to get me in bed, get what you want, and forget about me after.

Forget what you think you know. I’m leaving that girl behind.

College is all about new beginnings. So from now on—I’m just Cass. And the rest…it isn’t written yet. And no one else gets to write my story for me.

--------

“Tyson Preeter doesn’t do can’t.”

That’s exactly what I want people to think when they see me. I am strong, invincible, confident, intelligent—arrogant. I’m the man who always finds a way around, over and through—until there’s nothing left. Since losing my ability to walk six years ago, I’ve relearned life. I don’t need sympathy. I don’t want charity. And I don’t do love.

It’s better this way, saves my disappointments for me, and me alone, and it saves my strength for everything I want.

But Cass Owens is about to wreck everything. She’s about to steal all of my strength away from me, because she needs it more. She’s about to break all of my rules, and break down all of my walls. She’s about to own me…completely.

And I’m about to let her.



* This is the second book in the Falling Series, and it is scheduled to release Dec. 5. Book 1, This Is Falling, is out now. Each book can be read as a standalone and will focus on a different couple."

*****

Let me say first and foremost that the ONLY person who could ever get me to look forward to a book with characters in this age group is Ginger Scott!! Her writing is such an immense pleasure to read, that it almost doesn't matter what the subject is. She is just that good.

We have met both protagonists in the first book  in this series; THIS IS FALLING, and a lot of this story plays out at the same time book one did. 

Ty is the older of the two brothers, who lost the use of his legs in an unfortunate accident and is confined to a wheelchair. Something that doesn't necessarily slow him down .... much. A bit of a player, instigator and rascal, but also a protector and much more insightful and sensitive than he lets on. For all intents and purposes he has overcome his life altering injury with flying colors, but he hides some deep-rooted scarring under a veneer of humor, flippancy and good cheer. 

Cass is the roommate of the heroine from book one and one of twins. Twins who couldn't be more different. Paige is the princess and Cass has always been the tomboy; the athlete. But with the diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis her life had taken a swift left turn. Some bad decisions and the resulting consequences, as well as the uncertainty around her physical condition has caused her to lose connection with her loved ones and more importantly, herself. College offers the hope of a new page in her life.

Ty is blindsided by Cass - not only by her athletic ability, but also the depth of her struggles and the size of her heart. 
Cass finds in Ty someone who encourages her to be the best she can be despite her limitations and to continue to challenge herself in every way. 
They are young, somewhat immature and at times impulsive, which causes a number of stumbling blocks, but ultimately they help the other work through emotional and adjustment issues that few others would understand. They seem to grow up together. 

It felt in many ways that I was reading the same book but from a new perspective. Many events and incidents were overlapping with THIS IS FALLING and felt a little repetive. However, I think the little bit of repetition in this book allows it to stand alone quite well. It provides the context needed to read by itself or in either order. 

The underlying message in this book is one that is very close to my heart. The message that says that regardless of physical (or mental) limitations, we should never stop wanting, trying, striving.......and achieving. Anything and everything is possible, because there is always a way.

Ginger's writing is infallible, it has been from her very first book I 'reluctantly' picked up, because it dealt with teenagers, and promptly wasn't able to put down! I will never hesitate again....

✨Fabulous writing - phenomenal message!✨

**Copy provided in return for an honest review**



 Amazon.com  Amazon.ca  Amazon.UK  Amazon.AUS
 Barnes&Noble  Barnes&Noble

add-to-goodreads-button31

No comments:

Post a Comment